At times making coffee with an automatic coffee maker, French press or espresso machine can be boring or may not achieve your desired taste. A pour over coffee brewer can be a good alternative especially if you want to have more control over the brewing process.
With the best pour over coffee maker, you can brew better-tasting coffee in quick, simple steps. This review post presents the best pour-over coffee brewers to help you understand them more and decide the one that suits your needs.
Advantages of Using Pour Over Coffee Brewer
A Pour over coffee maker has a simple design that eliminates the hassle of programming the brewing process. The simplest pour over coffee maker features a filter that holds the coffee grounds and hot water as it drips into a cup or carafe.
- This technique ensures consistent extraction and the filter prevents coffee grounds from entering the cup
- You can brew one of few cups with a few minutes
- It lets you control the entire brewing process without intricate programming
- Most feature permanent filter that eliminates the use of disposable paper filters
- A Pour over coffee maker is highly affordable and cheaper alternatives for brewing coffee
- Cleaning a pour over coffee maker is simple, and some are dishwasher safe
- They are attractive, and some feature BPA-free plastic coated handle
- Pour over coffee makers are durable and with good care, you can use yours forever
How to Use a Pour Over Coffee Brewer
Unlike automatic coffee machines, pour over coffee makers are simple to use for both novice and experience coffee fan. When using a pour over coffee maker, you don’t have to adjust taste, coffee strength or even temperature. You have total control of the brewing process which ensures precise brewing. Here are the few steps of brewing with this coffee maker
- Boil or warm your water to the desired temperature
- Prepare your freshly ground. It’s to prepare a coarse grind resembling sea salt.
- Place the filter in the Dripper.
- Pour some of the hot water (half) over the empty filter to warm and eliminate any undesired taste. Then discard the rinse water.
- Add your ground coffee over the filter and place the brewer on a cup or carafe.
- Pour the hot water slowly over the coffee ground.
- The mixture of water and ground will slowly drip into the cup or carafe.
10 Best Pour Over Coffee Makers In 2017
1. Tanors Ceramic Coffee Drippers
The durable ceramic body offers you a long-lasting lovely brewing experience. With spiral-ribbed side walls, specially-angled designed cone and a large hole at the bottom; the Tanors lets your coffee brew freely. The design also allows you to customize various aspects of your brewing including coffee to water ratio, the size of your grind, and temperature of water. You will appreciate the ease of maintaining this coffee maker and its affordability.
- Hand crafted statement piece. The process of making this unit ensures you get a pure and long-lasting coffee dripper.
- Raised curved grooves. The grooves offer a consistent coffee drip throughout the coffee grounds keeping a consistent brew each time.
- A large hole at the bottom. The hole creates a personal experience since it allows you t personalize the strength and flavor of your coffee with different pouring speeds.
- Ceramic material. The material helps you to realize and maintain perfect temperature during every phase of the brewing cycle.
2. Melitta Single Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker
You will appreciate the ease of using this coffee brewer. Simply set the cone on top of your mug, place a paper filter of ground coffee and then pour boiling water through the cone. It brews flavorful and rich coffee in a fast and easy way, with excellent depth and smoothness. It’s dishwasher safe so you won’t have a hard time cleaning it.
- 1 cup capacity. It’s meant to brew perfect coffee for a single serving.
- Brews a phenomenal cup of coffee. You can make a tastier and favorable cup of coffee each time.
- Cone fits all cups. You can use a variety of cups with this pour over coffee maker.
- Fast, easy clean up. The design and material of this brewer allow you clean it without any pain.
- Rich and flavorful coffee. The simple brewing technique allows you brew a bold cup of coffee each time.
3. Osaka Pour Over Drip Coffee Brewer
Brewing a great cup of coffee is an art form that will be challenging.However, with the Osaka Pour-Over Drip Brewer, the process will be a breeze. The simple brewing steps allow you to brew flavorful coffee in no time.
With the pour over drip brewer, you can entertain yourself and impress your guests with a great tasting coffee every time. The hand-blown Borosilicate glass resists thermal shock to enhance your safety. The glass doesn’t absorb any residue or odors making it simple to clean. It features laser-cut stainless steel filter that can be used over and over, without absorbing any essential oils like paper filters. The heat-resistant collar allows you to hold the carafe and pour your coffee while it’s still hot. You will appreciate that this pour-over drip brewer is dishwasher and microwavable safe.
- Appreciable capacity. It holds up to 6 (4.5 oz) coffee cups. So you can impress your friends.
- Thermal shock resistant carafe. The hand-blown Borosilicate glass carafe is thermal shock resistant when ensures safety when it becomes hot.
- Permanent stainless steel filter for extended use and it’s free from oils
- Heat resistant collar for convenient handling
4. Gooseneck Pour Over Coffee Maker
This pour over coffee brewer offers you the convenience of brewing and access to brewing directions by some of the top baristas in the world. You will save some bucks since this unit enables you to make a quality cup of coffee at home.
The stainless steel mesh eliminates the use of paper filters and ensures you retain nutrients and natural flavors from your coffee ground. The result of the brewing process is an amazing and tastier cup of coffee. The innovative design appears great in your kitchen as well as satisfies your coffee drinking needs.
- Durable design. It’s designed with 18/8 stainless steel
- Eco friendly. A permanent coffee filter eliminates paper waste
- 2 cups. It allows you to brew 2 perfect cups of coffee
- Simple to clean. Rinse with warm water and put into dishwasher
- Innovative design. Ultra fine mesh, stand and spoon/scooper
5. Bartelli Paperless Pour Over Coffee Dripper
Bartelli Paperless coffee dripper is of lavish quality and designed to offer you a perfectly brewed cup of coffee each time. The laser cut stainless steel mesh has an ultra fine weave allowing flavorful coffee to pass through.
You will get smooth and quality coffee since the mesh maintains all the grounds contained. This pour over coffee dripper is meant to fit on most mugs, cups, small pots, thermoses, and even carafes. The unit is simple to clean in the dishwasher which eliminates the pain of cleaning. If you have been using disposable, this dripper is a perfect alternative.
- Permanent filters. Eliminates the use of paper filters
- Laser cut 18/8 stainless steel filter traps all coffee grounds
- Dishwasher safe, corrosion proof, stain resistant and rust proof
- Fits most cups, mugs, thermoses, carafes and small pots
6. Melitta 6 Cup Pour Over Coffee Maker Glass Carafe
Coffee aficionados assert that pour-over brewing prepares the best coffee. If you want to enjoy great coffee, Melita coffee maker is one of the options available for you. This pour over brewer brews coffee at the ideal temperature.
It also regulates the flow of water with the maximum turbulence of coffee grounds for perfect coffee extraction. The cone drip brewer is BPA free, so you are sure to get coffee that is free from impurities. The glass carafe holds six cups so you can entertain your friends or family. The unit also includes a coffee scoop. It uses no. 4 size Melitta cone shaped filters to ensure your coffee is free from grounds.
- Plastic BPA free cone drip brewer- it won’t transmit plastic traces to your coffee
- Six-cup capacity glass carafe – holds a larger amount of coffee
- Perfect temperature – you will serve the coffee at your desired temperature
- Not suggested for stove top use
- Made of plastic/glass materials – relatively durable
7. Bodum 11571-01 Pour Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter
The Bodum pour over coffee maker promises outstanding, rich tastes and full aroma while keeping the natural oils of your ground coffee. To get an ideal cup of coffee, just fill the cone-shaped filter with ground coffee and add heated water over them till soaked.
You can pour the reaming water into the filter. The coffee drips into the mouth-blown glass carafe and in about 3-4 minutes it will be ready to serve. Remember to remove the filter from the carafe when you are ready to serve your lovely coffee. This pour over coffee maker comes in more than 10 colors allowing you to choose your favorite.
- Slow-brew – It extracts the full flavor and oils from coffee grounds to deliver perfect coffee
- Permanent stainless steel filter. You don’t require capsules or paper filters
- Mouth-blown borosilicate glass – It suits your coffee brewing needs
- Dishwasher safe – You won’t have pain of cleaning
- Brews perfect coffee in about 3-4 minutes
8. Coffee Gator Hand Drip Coffee Maker
The Coffee Gator Hand Drip Coffee Maker allows you to brew a bold cup of coffee quickly and in a convenient way. The design of this coffee maker lets you conveniently make your coffee in a separate container.
It includes a reusable metal filter which has fine holes and a layer of thin mesh to keep grounds from getting into the cup. You are sure to make a better cup of coffee since the metal filter only allows flavors, and essential oils to pass through. You will also realize it’s simple to clean the metal filter. This unit can hold 2 large cups of coffee so you will treat yourself with richer and flavorful cup of coffee each time.
- 15 oz capacity. It’s equivalent to 3 cups of coffee
- Permanent stainless steel filter. It eliminates the use of replaceable paper filters
- Quick brewing. Makes coffee with simple few steps
- Fine mesh filter. This prevents coffee grounds from entering your coffee
9. Pour Over Coffee Kettle With Gooseneck Coffee Pot
It has an attractive and ergonomic design that will bring a glow into your kitchen. You can use it on a variety of stovetops including electric, gas or halogen. The comfortable handle lets you serve your coffee even when it’s sizzling hot. The plastic coated handle is angled away from the heat of the stove to prevent accidents. With this pour over coffee kettle, you can make better coffee in an enjoyable way.
- 40 oz capacity. You can brew coffee to entertain your friends and family
- 18/8 stainless steel design. It’s a food-grade style and makes the unit attractive
- BPA free plastic coated handle
- Compatible with multiple stove tops including halogens, gas, and halogen
- Tea and coffee. Offers you the chance to brew either coffee or tea
10. Chemex 8 Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker
The Chemex applies all of the chemically precise methods for brewing; it is even known as pristine coffeemaker. The hourglass shaped flask features glass design so you can observe the brewing process. It also has a chemically inert material that doesn’t absorb chemical residues or odors.
This aspect is a sure way to avoid stale and undesirable flavors from your previous coffee. A great aspect about Chemex coffeemaker is that it doesn’t have any moving parts so you can use it forever unless it breaks. This Chemex glass coffee maker only uses the Chemex filters which are made of high-quality filter paper.
- Glass design. The hourglass is made of glass for easy viewing
- Chemically inert material. It’s free from odors, flavors, and chemical residues
- No moving parts. Ensures it’s free from failures or need for repair
- Chemex filters. Highest quality filter paper.
A pour over coffee maker is simple to use and brews flavorful and tastier coffee easily. With the best pour over coffee brewer, you can make quality coffee comparable to what you get when using an automatic coffee maker. You can compare different brands, set ups and capacities of pour over coffee makers to decide the one that best suits your needs. We hope this guide will help you choose a suitable coffee maker for your brewing process.