This post is for coffee lovers. We analyzed deeply some manual coffee grinders, and came up with this selection of the 5 best manual coffee grinders.
We know how important it is to have the scent of a good grain coming out of a fresh mill. We know you share our passion for coffee, and you agree when we say:
The Best Coffee is freshly obtained from a Manual Grinder
And only the best manual coffee grinders can bring you a consistently high quality for your cup. We did extensive research to show you our findings and help you select which is the best manual grinder for you.
The Best Manual Coffee Grinders 2017
A manual coffee grinder is just meant for people who love the freshness of coffee as it is recently grinded. We selected only the best 5 coffee grinders on the market today. Some of them are not the latest models, but they are the best as the newer versions don’t offer a real advantage.
|1.||Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill||4.6|
|2.||Hario Coffee Mill Slim Grinder||2.1|
|3.||Prolex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder||4.3|
|4.||Hario Canister Ceramic Coffee Mill||3.5|
|5.||Zassenhaus Santiago Coffee Mill Grinder||5.0|
1. Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill (100g)
The Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill can be one of the best-looking devices you can get to grind your coffee. It is small and light, which makes it perfect to use in any place, and even for traveling. If you love coffee, but nobody prepares it the way you do, then this grinder will be of must use.Not just it is easy to use, but also to clean because it has a design that lets you get to every corner easily. If you want fresh coffee made with your bare hands, this can be a perfect choice. Also, you will find it really affordable.
- Grinding a single cup of coffee is perfect for this device.
- The product is built with high quality.
- The design is thought to the slightest detail, including cleaning it.
- The Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill is perfect for traveling.
- It is an affordable manual grinder.
- Some users report receiving fake products (imitations). Beware of the seller you purchase online because there seem to be many false products around.
- When you want to grind more than one cup at a time, it can take some time.
Coffee lovers who like to grind their coffee cup by cup to get a fresh beverage are going to love this product. It is the perfect combination of portability, design, and quality to get a perfect grind.
2. Hario Coffee Mill Slim Grinder
If you are looking for something very compact to grind a couple of coffees, you might be thinking of the Hario Coffee Mill Slim Grinder. This is one of the smallest grinders you will find.You may grind up to 2 cups of coffee at a time. The freshness of the coffee is worth the efforts of grinding it manually.
- It is the right size to grind a couple of coffee cups.
- The design is slim and very compact.
- It is an affordable manual grinder.
- Some users reported they received a fake product. Beware of the seller you select and check if he has any related issues.
- The handle detaches, and that can cause problems.
- The slim design of this coffee grinder makes it hard to clean.
Hario is a great brand. However, the Hario Coffee Mill Slim Grinder is not their best product. You can still get a perfect grind out of this grinder, but certain things can become an issue with time.
For example, if the handle detaches when you are in the middle of grinding it can be very annoying. Also losing the handle seems to be a common issue that is not easily solved. You practically have to get another grinder. Finally, despite the good looks of its slim design, it is not the most practical option since you cannot clean it as easily.
3. Prolex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
The Prolex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder can grind up to 30 grams of coffee. It has a stainless steel body that is very practical to take for manual grinding. Inside the ceramic conical burrs are adjustable to any sort of grinding size you may want.
You can get from a powder to a French espresso. This product is for authentic connoisseurs who want to get the right grinding every time.
- You get a stainless steel product that will last for a long time.
- The design is very compact for the high capacity it holds (30 grams).
- It is comfortable to use, as its slim shape lets you keep it comfortably while moving the manual handle.
- The adjustments let you grind practically any size you need.
- This grinder is not the best priced on the market. The stainless steel components make it a bit expensive.
- Vendors are shipping fake grinders, so beware of who you select to purchase it.
For advanced users, the Prolex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder is worthy. Making use of the different adjustments, take the grinder’s capabilities to the next level. It gives users the added value that is highly appreciated in the preparation of the perfect and fresh cup of coffee.The price is a bit high for the kind of grinder it is, and despite some users might find it too expensive, the high quality you get is worth the price.
4. Hario Canister Ceramic Coffee Mill
The Hario Canister Ceramic Coffee Mill has an excellent design. It is suitable for those who love the looks of the appliances as they do the taste of the coffee. It holds a great capacity for a manual grinder (120 grams), and it is easy to use and clean. Consider this option seriously if it combines with your kitchen style.
- The looks are ideal for some kitchen styles.
- It has an excellent capacity to grind up to 120-gram of coffee.
- It is easy to clean, and even easier to use.
- It has no cover; therefore, the coffee grains can jump out of the mill.
- The settings of this grinder for small grin will not be as even as desired.
The Hario Canister Ceramic Coffee Mill can be an excellent choice for those who are looking for a good looking mill. However, if you are fond of having espressos or any other type of coffee that requires a fine grinding, you will find the resulting coffee coming out of this mill, not of the right quality. For regular coffee and bigger grinding size, it will work just fine.
5. Zassenhaus Santiago Coffee Mill Grinder
Those coffee lovers who are fond of a classic style are going to love the Zassenhaus Santiago Coffee Mill Grinder. It is the best manufactured manual grinder you will find. Your finest espressos grinding work will be even and perfect at all times.It is practically a collector’s item that will look perfect in any classical space. All true coffee lovers should have one of these mills.
- The grind is perfect all times.
- The design is beautiful, with perfectly crafted wooden mahogany details.
- This article was handmade by German craftsmen.
- It requires special cleaning because it is made out of wood.
- The Mahogany coffee mill grinder costs much more than other manual options.
The Zassenhaus Santiago Coffee Mill Grinder is more than a grinder; it is a collector’s item. It will not work for you if you are always in a rush. The Zassenhaus Mill requires special care and time to perform the grinding tasks correctly, and then do a proper cleaning.But if you are the kind of coffee lover who likes it traditionally fresh, you will appreciate the uniformness of the grinding result coming out of this mill. It is perfect anytime, in all settings, even for the finest grinds. Espresso lovers will not want to go back to any other grinding method, as it gives shape and body to any grain.
What makes a Great Mill?
Every manual mill for coffee will seem the same to untrained eyes. They are just there to crank coffee into smaller pieces. Truly coffee lovers know that a grinder is much more than that. It is the art of grinding coffee that lets the fresh aroma and deep notes of coffee come out to delight us with this beverage. Here are some of the basic things you must look for:
- The grinding mechanism is the most important part of the grinder. It should be reliable and robust.
- Fine adjustments on the grinding mechanism are desired to get different coffee blends.
- You must find a material (like ceramic) for the grinding mechanism that doesn’t add any unwanted aroma to your coffee.
Other Features to look for in your Manual Grinder
When you pick the perfect grinder, the overall design is also important. Here are some factors to look for when you are selecting a grinder for personal use. All these should be considered once you have selected the grinding mechanism which is the most important.
- The manual grinder should be easy to clean and wash so that you can do it easily.
- The handle should be comfortable to make it easy to grind the coffee.
- It is better if your manual grinder has a cover to prevent coffee grains from jumping unexpectedly.
Pick a reliable brand to get a high-quality product.
The Art of Manual Grinding
Manual grinding is an art. Some people say that a coffee grain manually grinded is much better than when the task is done with an electric grinder. It has to do with the fact that the force and tact to do the job cannot be easily replicated with a machine.
If you agree with these previous statements, then you must know that manual grinding takes time and effort. You cannot expect to get an express result with such high quality as the one on a manual grinder. Be fully aware of the amount of time it can take to prepare a good cup of coffee, and get your time to do it right. Trying to get express results will lead to frustration and you can even end up using your grinder the wrong way.
You May Also Like To Read
- Top Rated Coffee Grinder
- The Best Burr Grinder
- What is the best grinder for french press
- What is the Difference Between Burr vs Blade Coffee Grinders?
- Coffee Maker With Built In Grinder
- Should You Freeze Your Coffee Beans?
- Is Coffee Bad For Kids?