Grinding the coffee beans is critical to get the best possible cup of coffee. No matter the type of brewing method you use (espresso, v60, drip brew, and French Press), the first thing to do is to blend the coffee beans freshly before each brew.There are two different types of grinders available in the market.
They are blade grinder and a burr grinder. The blade grinders available in the market are cheaper than that of the burr grinders. They are also pretty much easy to clean and maintain. They do not consume much space in the kitchen. Hence, you will get the space advantage.
But their main drawback is they do not provide consistent grinds. In most of the time, you will experience a burnt taste because of the friction of the blade at the time of grinding. You will find two types of burr grinders available in the market. They are the flat wheel and conical.
Flat Wheel Grinder vs. Conical Grinder
- The flat wheel burr grinders grind the beans of coffee with the use of semi-concave wheel which facilitates consistent grinding. As there is no involvement of any blade run by electric power, you will not feel any burnt taste while drinking the coffee. On the other hand, the conical burr grinders contain a cone-shaped device which grinds the beans.
- It also provides consistent grinding. In the case of maintenance, the conical burr grinders are also very easy to maintain. In fact, they are easier to maintain than the flat burr grinders. Hence, they have been able to achieve immense popularity all over the world among the coffee lovers. They have a low risk of jams through the left particles. Hence, they are very easy to clean. You will not have to suffer while cleaning the conical burr coffee grinders.
- The conical burr grinders are also very easy and comfortable to use. You will get immense flexibility while using the grinder. You will be very much safe while using the conical grinder as it does not contain any sharp blade which will pierce your finger. A lot of accidents from all over the world take place because of the blade grinders. So, regarding safety, you will get an advantage if you use the burr grinders.
- The size of the conical grinder depends on the type of brew requires. If you want to enjoy espresso coffee, you will need very fine grind. On the other hand, the French press requires a very coarse grind. So, the rule is that the longer brew needs thick grinds and the short brew necessary for the finer grind. After grinding the coffee beans with the conical grinder, you will have to store them quickly. It is better to use an airtight container to store the grounded coffee. You will have to store the coffee within the 24 hours of grinding.
- So, if you require consistent grinding, you should go for the conical coffee grinders. In this write-up, we will discuss in details about the various aspects of the conical coffee grinder. As above mention, you know the features of different conical burr grinders and how you will benefit from them.
Things to Consider Before Buy the Conical Burr Grinder
High-Speed Vs. Low-Speed Grinders
High-speed conical burr grinders will heat up the coffee beans like the blade grinders. On the unique advantages that you will get is the control in determining the grind size.
You will get a consistent grind in the high-speed conical burr grinders. In the case of a conical burr grinder, the motor is attached directly to the burrs which maintain the consistency of the speed.
In the low-speed grinder, you will enjoy a little heat, quiet operation, and the motor will not bog down while providing excellent brewing. They can be divided into two kinds. They are flat burrs and conical burrs.
You will also find the gear reduction conical burr grinders in the market. They contain very high-speed motor having a set of gears. With the gears, you need to control the speed of the burr.
One of the drawbacks of such grinder is the noisiness. They tend to be noisier than that of direct drive style. It is possible to get the job done without the motor bogging.
The Direct Drive Grinders
The direct drive conical burr grinders are most expensive. They are also the best grinders available in the marketplace. A low-speed motor is connected directly to the burrs. It contains high-quality motor which can handle the load with ease. They are also not noisy as the gear reduction grinders. They are whisper quiet.
Doing or Non-dosing Grinders
You must decide the style of grinder you want to purchase. The dosing grinder will dispense all the brewed coffee with the pulls of the handle.
A non-dosing grinder will grind directly grind your coffee beans like an espresso machine. The Baratza non-dosing coffee grinders can grind into its removable ground coffee container or directly into the port-filter.
Charging Grinder or Electric Grinder
You will get two kinds of burr grinders in the market. They are charging burr grinder and an electric grinder. In the case of charging grinder, you will be able to use the grinder only if it is properly charged.
They are very much portable, and you can take them anywhere as you want after charging properly.
On the other hand, the electric grinders will not provide you such flexibility because of you can not use them in that places where electricity is not readily available. For example, you will not be able to use the electric burr grinders in the parks, mountains, and boats. Hence, it is better to go for the grinder which will provide you the maximum advantage.
Top 3 Conical Burr Coffee Grinder reviews
Here, we will discuss the top rated burr grinders of this year. It describes in details about various burr grinders, their features, and benefits. Moreover, you can make your decision regarding the type of grinders to purchase. If you put some effort to know about them, you will not have to be defrauded by the unethical business persons.
The best way to save a lot of money by selecting best kind of coffee grinders because you will not have to spend your hard earned money again in replacing the existing grinder.Therefore, we can discuss the top conical burr grinders, their features, and benefits. They are as follows:
#1 Capresso 565 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder with Dusting Brush and Cleaner
It is a steel made grinder that is why you do not have to worried about the grinder being affected by rusts. You will get a Dusting Brush for free with the grinder which is an added advantage as you don’t have to spend additional money to purchase the dusting brush.
You will also get good quality 3-pack 35 Gram of Grinds Coffee for free with the grinder. The weight of the grinder is 8.9 pounds only. Hence, you will be able to enjoy flexibility and comfort while going outside. You can prepare four types of coffee grind with this grinder. They include- Extra fine, fine, regular, and coarse. The grinder contains an advanced cutting design for smooth precision grinding.
The gear reduction motor will facilitate noise free grinding. Less friction and heat will maintain the aroma and flavor of the grinds at the time of grinding. The container of the grinder can hold up to 8.8 Oz of coffee beans. You will also be able to set the timer. You can set the timer from 5 seconds to 60 seconds for automatic grinding.
#2 Krups GVX212 Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
It is an excellent coffee grinder with the amazing control system. The grinder is made of stainless steel which will protect the grinder from rusts and deformation. The smooth finish in design will make the grinder glitter for a longer period.The grinder does not become overheated as it has a very good control system. Hence, it can maintain the aroma of the ground beans. It contains auto shut-off capacity. Hence, you will get added safety from this grinder. You will be able to 2 to 20 cups of coffee very easily with this grinder with 17 positions ranging from coarse to fine.
#3 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
It is a conical burr mill for the precise brewing of the coffee beans. It is a very stylish coffee grinder with brushed stainless steel materials. Hence, the look of the coffee grinder will certainly attract you. It is a slim grinder.
Hence, it will very easy for your to hold and brew the coffee beans. It is a hand grinder. Hence, you will not need any kinds of battery, power cord, and charger to operate your grinder. The hand crank system eliminates the 90% of the noise generated from other kinds of grinders. The blades of this grinder will last 5x longer than that of a normal grinder.
So, We hope the above discussion will certainly assist you to purchase the right conical burr coffee grinder for your kitchen without facing any trouble. A few things that you must remember while buying the coffee grinders include- the materials of the grinder, availability of safety handle, the design of the grinder, and the size of the container. If you consider these factors, you will not end up purchasing inferior quality grinder from the market.
You May Also Like To Read
- What is the Best Coffee Grinder For Your Home
- Best Coffee Grinder For French Press
- Best Manual Coffee Grinder For the Money
- What is the Difference Between Burr vs Blade Coffee Grinders?
- Should You Freeze Your Coffee Beans?